Adventure Awaits !




A lot of people always ask me, "how did you do it?" Being the creative person I try to be, I tried to make sure this surprise was perfect. My fiancé and I got engaged on March 9, 2019 after (almost) three years of dating. Some may say thats too short of a time, but when you know its time, you know. I had purchased the ring of her dreams 5 months prior to proposing. 

She had no idea about anything because I did my own research, took the constant trips into NYC then had to drive to New Jersey to physically get it. Getting the ring alone was an overwhelming process.  Since my fiancé has always been a HUGE fan of Disney World,  she either wanted two thing, to get married at Disney or get proposed to at Disney. While I personally think that getting married there is a huge waste of money, I went with the engagement. After receiving her fathers blessing, I told her mom of my intentions two weeks later. She was very excited! But now, the plan on how I'm going to do this. I told her that I wanted to propose at Disney and she was all for it but I wanted to have everybody there. Since they have always wanted to do a girls trip at Disney World, what better excuse and opportunity to go! Christmas was right around the way, and it was going smooth sailing. Christmas came and both my "girlfriend" and her mother were jumping for joy knowing that they were going on their girls trip just two months away. In the meantime, I made a 5 minute video of a compilation of all our favorite Disney movies and of our favorite pictures. I made this video seem like a survey since I knew my fiancé wouldn't deny if someone asked to do a survey for them. Days leading to the proposal, everything was set. I had photographers at Disney World's Magic Kingdom waiting our arrival. A giant celebration dinner and a lovely weekend ahead. While the girls were in Disney, my future father in law and I discretely stayed at the same hotel and I flew out my f my brother and his girlfriend and my mother and her boyfriend to arrive the day before. My plans were the girls meet the castle in Magic Kingdom for pictures and then have a photographer give them the survey after. I had been waiting at the park for two hours before to make sure everything went smooth. The video I made was on an iPad which came with headphones and I had given it to the photographer prior to them come. Once pictures were finished, she started watching the video and I slowly made my way behind her to surprise her. She loved every moment of it and we had a huge audience ! The rest of the day was spent taking pictures in Magic Kingdom and going on few rides. The dinner reservation I made was at her favorite restaurant in one of the disney hotels. If i do say so myself, this was a magical experience.


Vocabulary Words
  1. Magical (adjective)- charming
  2. Surprised (adjective)- having the feeling that you get when something happens
      • Example: She was very surprised everyone stayed for desert.
  3. Favorite (adjective)- liked over all others
      • Example: My favorite color is red.
  4. Excited (adjective)- to feel aroused or thrilled
  5. Joy (adjective)- a feeling of happiness or pleasure
  6. Lovely (adjective)- charming or beautiful
  7. Overwhelming (adjective)- to load or burden with too much of something
      • Example: I was overwhelmed with too much homework this weekend.
Vocabulary Exercise
With the adjectives that were given above, pick five of your favorite and write a 5-10 sentence story of a time you were surprised or you surprised someone. Feel free to add more adjectives of your choice.

Grammar  Point
An idiom(also called an idiomatic expression) is an expression, word, or phrase that has a figurative meaning conventionally understood by the native speakers. Although idioms exist in every language, the meaning of the idiomis not literal. This means that idioms don’t mean exactly what the words say or describe. In my story I used the idiom jumping for joy. 

Both my girlfriend and her mother received tickets to Disney to go in March and everyone was jumping for joy.

What this means is that either you or someone is very pleased and happy about something.

Grammar Exercise 
Now that you learned about idioms, name at least five of your favorite idioms either in english or in your native language and next to them describe what they mean. If you picked an idiom in a language other than english, try to translate them so we know what they say. Refer to the examples below if you need more help.
  • Spill the beans
    • Meaning: to reveal a secret or tell something you're not supposed to.
  • Sana, Sana, colita de rana
    • Translation: heal, heal, little tail of the frog. 
    • Meaning: If you don’t heal today, youll heal tomorrow. This idiom is mostly told to children of a young age.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the engagement! I liked your vocabulary exercise. Students could even illustrate a story of when they were surprise. They could even make an online video using pictures as they narrate their experience. They can write out their sentences on top of each illustration or write out their script for the video so you can see if they used the adjectives correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I really enjoyed reading this post, it seemed like such an exciting and special day. I also liked your vocabulary exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your engagement! What an elaborate plan! I like your grammar point and exercise. It is a good idea to have them students translate their idioms.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts